Does your organization have a leadership problem?The best way to answer this question is to take The Leadership Challenge.
At my organization do I hear ...
- "Who dropped the ball?" when mistakes are made
- "When is management gonna tell us what's going on?" when uncertainty reigns
- "Why do we have to go through all this change?" when change happens
- "Why don't they walk their talk?" when leadership disseminate values for all
- "When will that department do its job right?" when others don't follow through
- "Why don't others pull their own weight?" when there is much to do
- "I wish my people were motivated!" when the team is struggling
- "When will we get more tools?" when resources are tight
- "Who's going to train me?" when the job is difficult
- "Why don't we have better systems?" when competitors surpass you in technology
- "Why don't they communicate better?" when communication suffers
- "When are we going to find better people?" when recruiting
If you even heard just a few of these questions there is a most likely a leadership crisis in your organization. So what?Every organization is a direct reflection of it's leadership, for better or worse - and leadership is a direct reflection of the CEO / Business Owner. The "So What" is your leadership is in crisis!
What are you reflecting?